Check the dates and mark your calendar – the fair is coming to town! June 1 – 3, 2017, Thursday & Friday from 6-10pm and Saturday from 12 noon – 10pm. Share your time and talents making the fair come to life for the town of Pembroke. Cushing Amusements will provide the rides and First Church will add the rest. We will be hosting a Snack Bar with hamburgers, hot dogs pizza, grilled cheese sandwiches, pulled pork sandwiches, macaroni & cheese and chili, a Country Market Place with penny candy, timeless treasures, books and plants, Kids Games, Lobster Supper, Pancake Breakfast, Strawberry Shortcake, and lots more. There are tickets to sell, vegetables to chop, hamburgers to flip and ………. Sign-up sheets will be on the bulletin board in Fellowship Hall the beginning of May – no experience necessary – on the job training – lots of laughs – and tons of fun! Questions call Gail at 781 293 9355.
Have some time during the day or the weekend prior to the fair? There is a lot to be done before that first ride starts.
- First Church is responsible for the advertising for the Fair. If you are willing to have a sign on your lawn two weeks prior to the Fair through Fair weekend, sign-up by May 1st and you can pick a sign up at church on May 21st or call Charlie at 781 293 9355 and he will drop one off.
- While you are cleaning out your gardens start some clippings for our plant sale in our Country Marketplace. Questions about plants and when to drop off your clippings contact Charlie at 781 293 9355.
- When out and about pick up an extra quart of strawberries and drop them at the church by Friday of Fair week for the Strawberry Shortcake Festival
- Thursday afternoon of Fair week (June 1st ) setting up the church tents, kids’ games, snack bar …….
- Friday Morning (June 2nd ) of the Fair, extra hands are needed to make coleslaw, wrap potatoes and set tables for the Lobster Supper.
- Every afternoon during the Fair, onions and peppers need to be cut for the grill.
Watch the bulletin board in Fellowship Hall for more information on the Olde Home Days Fair and what you can do to help! A fun and exciting time for all !!!!