News You Could Use:
- Did you see FCIP Military Basket in Fellowship Hall last Sunday? The Mission Committee needs our help to fill the basket for the Pembroke Military Group.
- The Town of Pembroke: Pembroke, once again, will be having a Memorial Day Ceremony on May 30, 2022. In the past, before covid First Church would open the church (in case anyone had to use the restrooms), we supplied water to our veterans, chairs, and a podium for them to use. Volunteers are needed to help with this event. A signup sheet for this event is located in Fellowship Hall.
- Sunday Fellowship: Your help is needed. The church is looking for volunteers to help with Setup & Cleanup for Fellowship on June 19 & 26. This will entail making the coffee, putting out the pastries, etc.
A signup sheet for this is located in Fellowship Hall.
- The Missions Committee would like to thank all that donated to the Church World Services. Your contributions will make a difference.
Monthly Meetings for May 2022:
- The Missions Committee will meet on Tuesday, May 24, 2022, at the Thrift Shop at 11:00 am. Missions meet on the fourth Tuesday of the month.
Monthly Meetings for June 2022:
- The Trustees will meet on Tuesday, June 07, 2022, in Fellowship Hall at 6:00 pm. Trustees meet on the third Tuesday of each month. For June, the Trustees will be on the First Tuesday of the month.
- The Council will meet on Tuesday, June 07, 2022, in Fellowship Hall at 7:30 pm. Council meets on the fourth Tuesday of each month. For June, the Council will be on the First Tuesday of the month.
- The CNK Board will meet on Monday, June 06. 2022, in Fellowship Hall at 6:00 pm. CNK meets on the first Monday of each month.
- The Deacons will meet on Tuesday, June 14. 2022, in Fellowship Hall at 7:00 pm. Deacons meet on the second Tuesday of each month.
- The Thrift Shop will meet on Wednesday, June 15, 2022, at the Thrift Shop at 10:30 am. Thrift Shop meets on the second Wednesday of each month.
- The CNK Staff will meet on Monday, June 20, 2022, in Fellowship Hall at 2:30 pm. The CNK Staff meets on the third Monday of each month.
- The Missions Committee will meet on Tuesday, June 28, 2022, at the Thrift Shop at 11:00 am. Missions meet on the fourth Tuesday of the month.
First Church Ongoing Information:
- Flowers for the Sanctuary – The flower signup sheet can be found outside the Deacons Closet. If anyone is interested in ordering flowers for the Sunday service, please call the office and leave a message. Someone will get back to you. This is a beautiful way to remember a loved one.
- Sunday Fellowship: Thank you to all who either brought in a food item or signed up to bring one in. Your generosity is appreciated. We are still looking for families to bring in goodies to share with the congregation during Fellowship. A signup sheet for this is located in Fellowship Hall.
- First Church in Pembroke Steeple Lighting – If you would like to light the Steeple for any special occasion, you can contact Joellen Graham via the FCIP Facebook page.
- First Church Office Hours: The office will be open from May 24 – 26, 2022. Tuesday, Wednesday, & Thursday from 8:30 am to 12:30 pm. Do not hesitate to contact the church office at 781-293-2584 and leave a message after hours.
- Thrift Shop hours are Friday & Saturday from 11:00 – 3:00 pm. Spread the word about Pembroke’s hidden gem. Thrift Shop has a new inventory of summer essentials at a great price.
Please Also visit First Church in Pembroke’s Facebook page. A huge thank you to JoEllen. Her outstanding work keeping the site current.
Enjoy your weekend see you all Sunday at 10:00 am!